Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 77: Thanks Be To God! 🎁

Week 77: Thanks Be To God! 🎁

¡Familia y Amigos!

Hello! This week was full of wonderful adventures!

We started the week off with Zone Conference and it was AMAZING!! We talked about the #LIGHTtheWORLD (Again, if you haven't checked out the video or the calendar, it's not too late! ---> mormon.org) and one of the biggest things I took away from the conference is that all we do should be helping us become like Jesus Christ! He set the example, and we know what we are to do- so lets go and do it! Becoming like Christ is only done in action, and thought. I also got to share my departing testimony, which was so surreal!! Always thought hose missionaries were ANCIENT!! (I mean because being 20 is 'SO OLD'....) But I am beyond grateful the Lord sent me to this mission. He is teaching me so much!

We were able to go to the temple again after Zone Conference- President and Sister Vest's Christmas present to us :)- and it was amazing as usual!

Then we had exchanges, from Wednesday- Thursday, and I got to go to Olathe with the one and only Sister Costley! Probably one of the highlights of my mission! We saw so many miracles in Olathe and Sister Wilkey and Sister Masina found a couple of new people to teach, and met a referral from some members who is SUPER excited to have us stop by again! EXCHANGES ARE INCREDIBLE! Always one of the most miracle filled times of the transfer.

Then we had Interviews with President and Sister Vest on Friday, and tell ya what- I love them both so much!! I know that the Lord sends people into our lives to bless us and help us become better!

I mentioned last week that Sister Masina had gotten a cold, and it hit full force this weekend, so after Friday, We were able to go to church and made it to one dinner appointment, but she spent the majority of the weekend sleeping! Hoping she starts to feel better this week! We also had a HUGE snow/ice storm this weekend- I think the snow is very pretty... UNITL YOU GO OUTSIDE. We had to scrape our car, and after church we even had ice on the INSIDE of the windshield. So, yes, the winter time fun is here!

I also was given the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday- last minute and on the spot of course! But one of the girls in the ward leaves on her mission on the 28th, and after she finished speaking, the Bishop asked me to come up and share my testimony. I sure love this ward!!

2.0
I stumbled across this scripture in 2 Corinthians 9:15 and it pretty much sums up all my feelings this last week:

"15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."

I cannot express in words how grateful I am for Jesus Christ, the Ultimate Gift! I know that because of Him, I have been changed into someone I never thought I would be. Because of Him, you and I can ALWAYS be lifted during trials. Because of Him you and I, can repent. Because of Him, you and I, have the possibility to be with our families forever, and Because of Him, you and I, have been given the opportunity to obtain the greatest of all of God's gifts- eternal life.

I love my Savior! I love this beautiful time of year to remember him and all that He has done for each of us. May we express our thanks by remembering Him always. Hope you all have an AMAZING Christmas 🎄 😊

Love you all and hope you have a week full of miracles!

Abrazos y Oraciones

Hermana/Sister Kim Hunt ❤️

At the Temple after Zone Conference with President and Sister Vest.

We had a CRAZY ice/snow storm on Saturday and this is Sunday aftermath!! It was 6 degrees and  FOR SURE was WAY colder with the windchill factor!

Exchanges! Sister Costley, Sister Masina, Yours Truly, and Sister Wilkey!

Saw this at a Members house this week and really liked it!

His Love is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment