Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 76: Happiness I have Found Here :)

Week 76: Happiness I Have Found Here :)

¡Familia y Amigos!

This week has been a full blown adventure! We had some really amazing lessons! Our investigator that is preparing to be baptized left to China until January 2nd! It was pretty hard to say goodbye! Glad it's only temporary! We have her email and through the miracle of technology we can still teach her :)

It snowed this last Wednesday! IT WAS SO COLD. But It was really fun! We even took advantage of it to share #LIGHTtheWORLD (pictures attached) I had a cold this last week and am in recovery, but my sweet companion woke up sick yesterday! Theraflu, Puffs and Ricola have been some good friends to us! :)

We went to a service project this week in Olathe and I was able to use my Spanish! Which is getting really rusty, but that was a tender mercy for sure!

We had stake conference this weekend and it was amazing! It was really focused on the Book of Mormon! The Stake President issued an invitation for every family to prepare a a Book of Mormon for a specific person, and to highlight all of the 'gems' of scripture that are in it, and when they finish to give it to the person they wanted to share their gems with. It was really neat, and I have found a few gems myself in that book! It has changed my life.

We found some new people to teach this week! SO BLESSED. We had countless miracles everyday! Seriously, the Lord is incredible and this truly is his work.

2.0
This week as I hit my 18 month mark I wanted to just share a few thoughts I have had on the principle of obedience!

There is a bumper stick we saw this week that said 'The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice' and it really got me thinking about the testimony I have gained of striving to keep the commandments as a missionary and two quotes came to mind:

"If you want to be the happiest missionary, be the most obedient missionary!"- Elder Gary E. Stevenson

"Obedience is the lifeblood of faith. It is by obedience that we gather light into our souls. But sometimes I think we misunderstand obedience. We may see obedience as an end in itself, rather than a means to an end. Or we may pound the metaphorical hammer of obedience against the iron anvil of the commandments in an effort to shape those we love, through constant heating and repeated battering, into holier, heavenly matter....But perhaps there is a different metaphor that can explain why we obey the commandments of God. Maybe obedience is not so much the process of bending, twisting, and pounding our souls into something we are not. Instead, it is the process by which we discover what we truly are made of."
President Dieter F. Utchdorf

It is by the consistent effort we give to strive to obey God's commandments that we can discover who we are, and who we are capable of becoming. Satan will try to distract us, but we can ALWAYS lean to the Savior and trust that as we obey him, and serve him, we will recognize and feel confidence in his presence!

It is my firm testimony that as we strive daily to love the Lord by keeping His commandments and following His example, that we draw close to him and begin to catch a glimpse of our potential.

When we fall short- The Savior's infinite Atonement has made it possible for us to repent and try again. I love my Savior. I know He lives! I know that Elder Stevenson's promise applies to all of us- not just missionaries! I have come to know for myself that the key to a happy life is to live an obedient one!

Love you all and hope you have a week full of miracles!

Abrazos y Oraciones

Hermana/Sister Kim Hunt ❤️

Merry Christmas :)

Our dear investigator left to China this last week! Sure going to miss her!

It Snowed for a whole day, so we decided to advertise! #LIGHTtheWORLD

These three have been real lifesavers this last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment