Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 64: Intercambios, Baptismos, you MIRABELES!

Week 64: Intercambios, Bautismos, y MIRABELES!

¡Familia y Amigos!

THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!!!

And So this email is a little on the lengthy side!

I got to go on exchanges to Olathe, (makes my day every time!) and one of the first things Sister Crockett says : "Since you're here we are going to take advantage and use your Spanish!" HEART HAPPY. So I got to be an Hermana :) funny moment: When we met Regó, and I asked him if we could come back on Wednesday to teach him more and he agreed, and while Sister Crockett wrote their info on the pamphlet, he looks at me and says "Ustedes son bonitas, Entiendes?"...alrightly then! We are excited to see what happens when the Elders stop by! Haha! Grateful for Elders to hand people over to!

We had some AMAZING appointments this week! Two people came to church, we had so many members come out with us, one of our less active's called us after a melt down of a day- HUGE deal! The real trust is there!  and........ WE PUT SOMEONE ON DATE!!!!!!! November 19th is going to be a good one :)

AHH!! I seriously think this week was one of those weeks where I looked back at 9 weeks ago when we got to this area up until now. I got a little teary eyed last night as we talked with our District Leader! I know that the Lord will always bless us as we work diligently, obey his commandments, no matter how weird you may think they are, and do all we can to love the people like He does.

2.0
I love reading the Book of Mormon SO much! And there are lots of parts that I love dearly, but my favorite part is when Christ comes to visit the people after he was resurrected.

After Christ comes, He has the people feel His wounds one by one, give the priesthood and sets up his doctrine, and teaches the people and then tells them that He is going to leave for a time. I have always imagined myself being among this crowd of people, listening to the Savior.

3 Nephi 17:5 says: "And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them."

Every time I read this verse I am overwhelmed with love for the Savior! I imagine hearing him teach. I imagine the love and humble gratitude I would feel for Him as I touched the proof that He truly 'has graven [me] on the plans of [His] hands'. I can imagine the deep longing I would feel as he tells the people He is about to leave them for a time.

But what really shows me His love even more is in the next three verses as He replies:
"6 And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.

7 Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.

8 For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you.'

Christ WANTS us to spend time with us. He longs for us to plead for his healing balm. He is real. He lives! He lives and he knows you! He knows me. I know that He wants to be in our lives, and that He is in the details.

He is there during the sleepless nights. He sits quietly and weeps with you when you think no one is there. He celebrates every victory that you have, and is there through every defeat.

I know He cares, and you are struggling to know if He is, make the effort and spend more time with Him.

Read your Scriptures. Say your prayers. Serve others and you will begin to walk with Him. Overtime as you walk with Him you will come to know Him and realize that He is and always will be there.

I love my Savior! I am humbled more and more everyday by His love and patience and allowing me to be apart of His work.

Keep hoping and keep trusting. I promise He will never fail you.

Love you all and hope you have a week full of miracles!

Abrazos y Oraciones

Hermana/Sister Kim Hunt ❤️

All photos this week are from Olathe! Love that place!!

The compound! Taught all of these kids the story of Ammon!

ANOTHER American flag! I was obviously a little excited :)

Met Gabriella on exchanges! I heard a lot about her and her family from other missionaries! And look:

She had her Peruvian flag out! Shout out to Eric and all my other people who love Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment