Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 53: What You Can Give

¡Familia y Amigos! 

This week has been so crazy!! We were so blessed to have so many appointments this week and we were constantly in a hurry to go everywhere we needed to be! It is such a blessing to have so many people to see and visit! 

One of the highlights of the week was seeing our investigators!! We had a rough time getting members to come out with us this week because we don't have very many English people who are active, but none the less our lessons were amazing! It's weird getting into an English teaching pool and then having to switch to a Spanish lesson! Haha some days my Brian is really confused, but it's getting better :)

A little funny for the week: so one of our investigators is dating one of the less active's in the Ward, and they have 2 little girls and for our lesson we had an FHE about family prayer. One of the little girls just turned three, and they invited us to eat with them after the lesson, and they had pizza and this HUGE pastel! 

(Side note: I recently found out I might be gluten and dairy intolerant, so that's been quite the adjustment, but I feel a whole lot better and am super grateful for our mission nurse for helping me out!) 

well since that's the case, I couldn't eat what they had and so the Hermano made me some flautas and beans to eat. Well I wasn't eating fast enough, and I also feel like I have a gift to bring out all the inner sass in small children, she drops her pizza on her plate, points her finger at me and says: "VAS A COMER!!!" Which basically translates to you are gonna eat!! She did it about 6 times throughout the dinner Haha it was pretty funny! A little later on I tried to explain to her in Spanish that I was only learning and asked for her help and she just started asking me a bunch of questions and laughed every time I answered! I feel so grateful to be serving the people here :)


2.0
This week I have been reflecting on the notes that I took when Elder Hamula came and visited a couple of weeks ago. 

He said: "You need to stop focusing on who you are not and focus on what you can give.r

Coming into this area I was really nervous about speaking Spanish, and as a missionary in general, worried about all of my weaknesses. 

The Lord does want us to improve, to strengthen our weaknesses, but that does not mean we simply toss every other strength and talent he has given us to bless others, in order to overcome weakness.

What the Lord wants, is everything we do have. He gives us our weaknesses that we may be humble (Ether 12:27) but the Lord gives us strengths to help our brothers and sisters around us draw closer to him and feel of his love. 

So that is my invitation to you all this week. Pray and ask the Lord what you can give, and then act. I know he will bless you and you seek to find your life as you lose it in the service to those around you.

Love you all and hope you have a week full of miracles!

Abrazos y Oraciones 

Hermana/Sister Hunt










No comments:

Post a Comment