Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 50: Spanish Area

¡Familia y Amigos! 

This is gonna be a long one folks because this has been the craziest miracle filled week of my ENTIRE mission!!

So transfers: Sister Whitehead and I thought we were for sure staying together in Albany! We were so positive, we didn't even tell the members it was transfer week! But we got the transfer roster, and they white-washed (when they send two new missionaries come into an area) with Elders! HUGE shock!! (pictures attached) I shed a few tears, but they were short lived because......

I AM SERVING IN THE ONLY COMPLETELY SPANISH AREAS IN THE MISSION!!!! I have been praying so hard to be sent here since my first transfer!! And my recent convert from my second area when I was serving with Hna. Baggett, moved into this Ward shortly after I left and so I get to work with her again! 

She is part of my crazy miracle filled week! She has been lost since she moved here! Hna. Baggett was a sister training leader over the area and they would always try her on exchanges but her and the sisters who have been here have never been able to find her since November and first day in the area-- we found out she moved and it was the biggest miracle!! We have an appointment with her on Tuesday! She is now married and we might start teaching her husband!!! I know that the Lord is involved in our lives!

I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to be here!! We are in a Ward, and our area is in Kanas City, Kanas (it borders my other Spanish area that is in Kansas City, Missouri) and we work with mostly Spanish speakers, and i have forgotten A LOT of my Spanish, but I am remembering more everyday! Church yesterday was incredible!! I cannot wait to get to know and love the people here!!

I also got bit by a dog this week, so I guess I am officially a real missionary now, after a year! Haha! It didn't brake the skin but it did leave a nice bruise! Haha we were at a fiesta for our dinner and the dog got out of its cage somehow, and at first I didn't realize what was happening, and then Sis. Rowley screamed and I realized it was biting me, so I knocked it pretty good with a chair. It was really funny and all the people were probably thinking we were just some crazy gringas!! Haha it was really funny! 

My companion's name is Sister Rowley! She's from Herriman, UT and we have served around each other for 7 months at the beginning of our missions, and she also came out with me!! SOO FUN!! We lived together when I was serving in Liberty, and I am super excited to see what miracles are in store for this transfer!!

We have an investigator who is on date to be baptized on June 25th, and several others who are progressing towards making a date! The members are great, and we get fed every night! (Lots of super yummy Latin food!!) I am so beyond grateful to be here!! And I know that the Lord has a plan for this area!! 

2.0
This week I just wanted to share my testimony of prayer. I know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers! He is watching out for every single one of us. No matter or trials, our struggles, even our deep gratitude, He cares and he does listen. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me, and I am so grateful that we have been given prayer to talk with him one on one whenever and wherever. I would invite you all to take time during your prayers this week and really talk to your Heavenly Father. He wants to hear from you and he loves you. 

Love you all and Hope you all have a week full of miracles!

Abrazos y Oraciones 

Hermana/Sister Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment