Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 37: You Know You're in the Boonies When...

¡Familia y Amigos!

Wow this week has been INSANE! So first off I am SOO excited that I will have two new babies in the family when I get back! I am so excited to be an aunt!! 

And the Streak continues!! I have been transferred to Albany, Missouri!! So I'm back out full proselyting and my New companion is Sister Bentley from Pleasant Grove, UT! She came out with me, and has been in Albany for 7 months so I'll probably get to stay here for at least two! 

But we are out in the Boone Dogs for sure!! Hence the title of my email. Our area is HUGE and I feel like I am back in Iola!! We have like a 45 minute radius from where we live every direction! We cover a bunch of tiny towns and one of them was the inspiration for my title his week! 

So I'll finish: you know you are in the boonies when the speed limit is higher than the population... (Seriously though, one of the towns has a population of 44 and the speed limit is 55) Haha so yeah there's that! It has been so weird to be back out and about full time! I miss the Jail, But we will make this transfers good one!

So we have an investigator, who just so happens to have the same name as my Dad crazy stuff, and he is on date for the 19th of March! He just barley quick smoking and drinking coffee and he is doing awesome!! We are super excited for him! We have a lot of recent converts and less actives in this area as well! Tonight we are going to see a family that is working on getting sealed, pretty incredible!

2.0
The Lord knows what he is doing. One of the biggest lessons I have learned on my mission is that He knows, and He has it all figured out. I have been reading about the Sons of Mosiah this week and one of the verses that really stuck out to me is in Alma 17:11 :

"11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."

This scripture brings me so much comfort! The Lord commands these missionaries to Go forth and to be patient in long suffering, and that as we do so we will become an instrument in his hands. I know that sometimes it can be hard to trust the Lord, especially when things are hard, but I know that as we do so He will make more of our lives, gifts and talents than we ever can. So if things are a little hard, remember the Lords counsel to Go Forth and be patient because it will all work out.

I love you all and hope you have a week full of miracles!!

Abrazos y Oraciones 

Hermana/Sister Hunt
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment