Thursday, December 17, 2015

Week 26: "It's a small world after all..."

¡Familia y Amigos!
 
Now that you have that beautiful song stuck in your head let me
explain my reasoning:
 
TRANSFERS:  So, I stayed in my area and at the Visitor Center! And out
of all the sisters in our whole mission, my new companion is...
(Drumroll).... HERMANA (Lauren) OLDROYD FROM MESA, AZ!!! Who would of
thought a year and a half ago when we threw our caps in the air at
graduation that we would be serving together as companions!?  Hermana
Oldroyd and I have been so blessed and have already seen many miracles
together! Oh and did I mention we also live with Sister Helmbold and
her companion? So it really is a small world after all! :)
 
Fun and joking aside, this has been one of the most miracle filled
weeks thus far on my mission! Sister Oldroyd and I have been able to
jump right into the work and we are so blessed to work together so
easily! She's an incredible hard worker and she loves the people so
much! I can't wait to see all the wonderful things I will learn from
her this transfer!
 
So we have had the craziest schedule and the first time we actually
got to go out in our area and do things was Monday night. One of the
biggest things I have come to learn while serving at the Visitor
Center is that if we utilize our time wisely, the Lord will make so
much more of our time than we ever could! We on average get about 2
solid hours in our area everyday, which is why we get one day a week
when we are only in our area and not at the Visitor Center. But if we
effectively plan those 2 hours, He will help us see miracles! This
truly is His work, and as we respect and remember that, He truly
blessed us!
 
2.0
Doctrine and Covenants 123:17
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things
that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost
assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be
revealed."
 
How beautiful is the phrase 'let us cheerfully do all things that lie
in our power'? Sometimes we feel like there is so much impossible in
front of us, but I know that if we do all we can, the Lord truly will
give us the tools and means to accomplish anything that is asked of
us. So I would invite all of you to focus more this week on the things
that you CAN do rather than what you can't do. I know that as you try
to look for things you can do, you will begin to realize that there
really is a lot that you can do and you will be able to have a happier
outlook in your day to day life.
 
Well I love you all so much! As always I am so blessed by all of your
support and prayers! I hope you all have a week full of miracles!
 
¡Abrazos y Oraciones!
 
Sister/Hermana Hunt

video






No comments:

Post a Comment