Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 25: "For behold, I have refined thee."

¡Familia y Amigos!
 
Wow! Time out here on the mission goes by so fast! This week is
transfer week, and we find out tonight where we are going. Can't
believe it's already been 6 weeks! But none the less that means my
P-day will get changed to Thursday, Tuesday or Monday. I think it will
probably be Monday because I think I'm leaving the visitor center and
going back out full pros this transfer, but as I have come to know
transfers are always crazy and that's how we know they're inspired!
This is the Lords work!
 
But this week was incredible! We found 4 new investigators and we are
so excited! We found two of them yesterday, and it was the first time
Hna Delgado and I taught in English (not counting dinner with members)
all transfer! Andrea I am sorry I ever doubted your faith for me to
speak Spanish! I hope you know God is definitely answering your
prayers!
 
We also had a dinner that was hosted by the Independence Stake for the
missionaries and it was so good! I truly feel so blessed to be serving
here in this area! The people have a vision of missionary work and how
the gospel has blessed them and it truly shows! The Visitor Center
sisters did a set of music (I'll try to send a couple of the videos
home) and I love how powerfully music can bring the spirit and how
strongly I can feel it when we all sing together!
 
Well this week I feel prompted to be very personal with you all for my
2.0 So I hope sharing my experience will help strengthen whom ever
this is for. I love you all!
 
2.0
In 1 Nephi 20:10 it says: "For, behold, I have refined thee, I have
chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."
 
This transfer I have truly been blessed to see how the Lord has been
refining me and that He still chooses us in our personal 'furnace of
affliction'. Most of you don't know but, I have been struggling with
anxiety for the last 4.5 months. It has been the hardest trial I have
probably ever had to go through in my 19 years. I have spent many
nights crying and wondering if I would ever be able to see any hopes
of getting better. In fact my hopes for getting better grew smaller
and smaller as more and more changes brought more fears, but this
transfer I have been able to slowly go up hill. I have been able to
develop a very personal relationship with my Savior and come to more
fully understand His atonement as He helps me somedays from minute to
minute. I know He is there and that He can succor us. I have also come
to know of the power of prayer. Heavenly Father is there. He listens,
He cares, and He will never give us anything we can't handle. I have
been able to grow so much and accomplish many things among the hard
days, but more than anything I have been able to learn to be grateful.
I'm grateful for trials and for the opportunity to be humble, to grow
closer to the Savior, and ultimately learn and grow to become who
Heavenly Father needs me to be. I know that trials are not simply
taken from us, but I do know that if we yoke ourselves to the Savior,
He can make our burdens lighter and easier to bear, day by day, until
we will overcome it all. I know He lives and I am so grateful for all
He has done for each of us. May we take his out stretched hands is my
humble prayer, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Hope you all have a week full of miracles!
 
¡Abrazos y Oraciones!
 
Sister/Hermana Hunt





No comments:

Post a Comment