Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 20: Soy Hermana Hunt, again!

¡Familia y Amigos! 

This week was crazy! So transfers happened. I am still serving in the Visitor Center, just in a different ward, and with a new companion, Hermana Delgado! She's from Texas and she also came out with me! The branch we are serving in is about 45% Spanish and almost all of our investigators are Spanish so I'm trying really hard to learn as much as I can and hopefully quickly also. But the sisters here at the visitor center, basically just rotated companions. Out of the 19 sisters 17 are still the same, CRAZY! 

So my first night in the area we went to a lesson with one of our investigators who's on date and her husband was home and apparently this is the first time he has been there also. We taught the plan of salvation and we invited him to be baptized and he accepted! So both of them are scheduled to be baptized December 5th! Pretty exciting! And what an incredible experience.

We also were out finding in our area, just last night, and we were looking for a less active that we were visiting last minute because no one was home and we had like 10 minutes ,and the address didn't exist! So we were walking down the street and stopped in front of this house and we both looked at each other and asked if we should go stop by, and then these two little yippy dogs come charging at us and the people came running outside and we ended up giving them a pamphlet and we are going to see them later this week! Miracles miracles!

So this area is going to be a great adventure, and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for it!

2.0
This week there was a Presidents Devotional, where recent converts come and bare their testimonies, and our recent convert form my last ward bore her testimony, and after she got down one of the Elders sang an arrangement of 'How Great Thou Art' and the last verse really struck me. "When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart! Then I shall bow in humble adoration And there proclaim 'My God, how great thou art'". What wonderful words, and what a wonderful promise! There will come a day when all of the trials and struggles and hardships will all seem so little an effort to be able to return back and live with Heavenly Father and the Savior. So my realization is this: Keep going. President Eyring once said 'As hard as things may seem this day, they will be better the next day.' I know that's true. Turn to the Savior and he will give you the strength that you will need.

Love you all and I hope you have a week full of miracles!

¡Abrazos y Oraciones!

Sister/Hermana Hunt










No comments:

Post a Comment