Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 18: Let Him In

¡Familia y Amigos!

This week has been SO amazing! I am feeling extra grateful to my
Heavenly Father for sending me to Missouri especially after this last
week! It truly has my heart!

So last Saturday our investigator got baptized! Everything was perfect
except we left our phone at the Visitor Center, but it was the only
hiccup so cant complain! After she was baptized, she told us she felt
so amazing! She was really excited to get confirmed on Sunday :)
Hermana Baggett and I sang 'Be Still My Soul' a cappella after she was
baptized and she bore her testimony and I cannot believe the change
that has happened in her since we first met her! This gospel really
does bless lives! She was confirmed on Sunday and is beyond excited to
go to the temple in a couple of weeks!

Yesterday we had the INCREDIBLE opportunity to go and visit some of
the other church sites here in Missouri. We started our day at
Adam-ondi-Ahman and WOW. The spirit there was so powerful! We went on
a tour around the grounds and before we left to go to Far West, we got
about 10 minutes to ourselves to just ponder about the spirit we felt
and the things we had learned and I cannot begin to express the
feelings of deepest gratitude I have being a missionary, serving with
some of the most incredible Elders and Sisters, and sharing the
Saviors gospel everyday in Zion! I've said it before and I'll keep
saying it: there is truly no place I would rather be than on a
mission! We went to Far West and saw the Temple site there and talked
about some of the history there to be better acquainted with it for
the guests who come to the visitor center and it was amazing! We ended
our trip with a tour of the Liberty Jail and the spirit there was SO
strong. It truly reminded me of how some of the hardest things we go
through are the biggest learning experience we could ever have, and
that The Lord will never forget us. I testify that that is true. This
is the most incredible place and I feel so blessed the Lord has asked
me to represent the Savior here in Missouri!

Then to top off the week we had our weekly training meeting for the
visitor center and Sister Toronto, the Visitor center director was on
the general YW board for a while and over heard all of us Sisters
before we watched conference talking about how much we love Sister
Elaine S. Dalton, and the impact she had on our lives, and being a
dear friend of hers, we had a 30 minute training and then Sister
Dalton called Sister Toronto and we just got to listen to her speak.
What an amazing opportunity! One of the greatest experiences hearing
her bare her testimony and sharing her thoughts with

2.0
One of the Elders who left home this morning, bore his testimony at
zone conference, and something he said hit me so strongly, and has
been on mind for a couple of weeks now. To paraphrase he said:  'The
last thing I told my parents before I left on my mission was that I
would serve faithfully and work hard, but I would come home the same
person and I couldn't have been more wrong. Missions don't change
people. The atonement of Jesus Christ changes people, missions are
simply the green house for change, but the atonement of Jesus Christ
is what changes us.'

I am not the same person I was four months ago, and I can testify that
it is only through and because of the Atonement that I have changed
and will continue to change everyday for the rest of my life. His
atonement is real. It is the only thing that gives me enough strength
to keep going when I feel I have nothing left to give. It is the only
way I can change and become who I am needed to be so that the Lord can
work through me.

His atonement is real. If you let him, he can change you. My
invitation to you all is to let him in. He can heal you faster than
anyone or anything else.

I hope you all have a week full of miracles!

¡Abrazos y Oraciones!

Hermana/Sister Hunt











No comments:

Post a Comment