Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 15: Miracles

¡Familia y Amigos!

So transfers: I'm staying here in Independence with Hermana Baggett, and we are still in the Visitor Center as well! Such a blessing, and we are excited for the great things in store for this transfer! Even though we didn't get transferred, we moved to a different house so that was an adventure, but it's been way fun!

So last Wednesday, Hermana Baggett and I were teaching our miracle investigator that came to church, and we invited her to be baptized and she said yes! Her scheduled date is October 10th and she is progressing so well! She is so prepared and really looking forward to these next couple of weekends with General Conference! She's truly amazing!

We have been so blessed! Yesterday, we went to contact a referral in an apartment complex and he wasn't interested, and we needed to go back to the Visitor Center before shift to do language study, and we have been focusing on daily contacting as a zone and so we had set a goal of one because we only go to be in our area for about 15 minutes due to district meeting and we decided to try to talk to a couple people and one of the people we ran into spoke only Spanish! So it was so cool to use Spanish and I understood the whole conversation! I also had a little bit of input! It was amazing! We found out he's in a different Ward, but he is really excited to meet the missionaries! Miracles of pressing on!

Well I don't have much time, but o do have enough time to give a 2.0!

2.0
Being.a Missionary has made me the happiest I have ever been in my life. Alma put into words how I feel: "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
"And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." 
As I serve and see these people change I have grown so much and I have realized that my call here to Missouri is not just by chance. This is exactly where the lord needs me right now and I would not rather be anywhere else! I know that as I see these people change and grow closer to the Savior that I am reminded I wouldn't be here without his atonement. Through his atonement and trials, he molds us into who Heavenly Father sees me as becoming, and I am forever grateful. I hope you all know that I love this work. I have a testimony of this gospel and how it can change and shape lives. 

I hope you all have an amazing week full of miracles!

¡Abrazos y Oraciones!

Hermana Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment