Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 9: "Todo, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

¡Familia y amigos!

To quote Eric "This week was CRAZY!" Haha but really! So I got transferred out of Iola, I'm serving in Independence, Me and my companion (Hermana Baggett!) have both only been out 6 weeks so we are training each other, I'm learning Spanish AGAIN, AND I'm serving in the Visitor Center! Hence why my email is coming today and P-day will now be on Tuesdays for the transfer because of VC shifts and I hit my 2 month mark! Did ya get all that!? Haha but it has been AWESOME!

I am SO glad Andrea's visa situation got all figured out so her and Ryan can get sealed Saturday! God truly answers our prayers! Also I want a TON of pictures, so you all better send some! So excited! Good luck with the first week of school Kev, and to Eric and Ellen settling in! Mom and Dad, hang in there! Haha one day at a time! 

Monday-- We had our last hoo-rah for the missionaries who were going home, who knew I'd be heading out as well, and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then played sports up in Olathe. We drove home and went to a couple appointments and had a really good day!

Tuesday- We went to visit our less active who has the breathing problems, and had an awesome study with her about the first vision! It was so powerful! I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel! It truly is the biggest blessing! And Tuesday night was when transfer calls were and Sister Bressler and I thought for sure if anything happened, which we were assuming nothing would, she would get transferred and I would get follow up trained. They didn't send out the voicemail until 10:15 and we were DYING! So we listened to it and of course Iola was the last one to be said and it said Sister Bressler's name first so we were so sure we were staying, and then they said another sister as her companion. I was freaking out! Then they went through and listed the missionaries leaving the zone and I was the last one! And it said the ward I would be in and that Hermana Baggett would be my companion and I would be serving in the independence visitor center. Total surprise! 

Wednesday-- I spent all morning packing up my things because we decided to drive half way to Independence for transfers on Wednesday night to stay with some sisters so we wouldn't have to drive so far in one day. So I got done getting everything packed up and we went and said goodbye to all of the people we were teaching and the ward members before we headed out! It was so sad to say goodbye, I for sure left a piece of my heart there, but I can't wait to visit them after the mission! We got in The car at 8 and got to the sisters house at about 9:30 and turned in for the night

Thursday-- We got up early and got ready and drove the rest of the way to independence and waited in the parking lot of the church for all the new missionaries and the rest of the missionaries getting transferred to get there! It was so weird saying goodbye to Sister Bressler! We were only companions for 6 weeks but I felt like I have known her for years, but Gods got a plan for each of us! So I knew Hermana Baggett because I had followed her on Instagram before I left and we saw each other at the MTC and came out together so it has been so fun! We are so close and I am so excited and blessed to be able to work with her! I can tell we are going to be really good friends!

Friday--  We had a full proselyting day, which are divided up between the companionships every week and a half two weeks in the VC, and it was awesome! We got to meet quite a few people and had a super successful day! God works miracles everyday!

Saturday-- We were on shift at the VC in the morning and in the middle of our shift, Sister Toronto who is over the Visitor Center and Historic Liberty Jail with her husband, came in and asked me if I sang. I was really confused and said yes, well some of the other Sisters had a baptism and they needed/wanted a musical number (still not sure which one it was), so I went with Sister Toronto and sang a song that I sight read in the car (Shout out to my Choir teachers for teaching me how to do so, it has been extremely useful!) and we ran through it twice and then sang it at the baptism! I was so glad I was able to go! The spirit was SO strong! I feel so privileged to have been asked to go and take part in it! What a special thing! Also President and Sister Vest were there so I got to say hi and visit with Sister Vest about the craziness and how much I know I'm going to love it here! We went out into our area after that and got to meet some of the less actives in the ward and introduce ourselves! It was such a good day full of miracles!

Sunday-- First week in a new ward and it was pretty awesome! I got asked to go and bare my testimony and I already feel so much love for the people I am going to get to serve here! The ward has Spanish and English members and so sacrament gets translated, the Elders serving in our ward did it on Sunday, and I'm hoping since Hermana Baggett is a Spanish speaking sister that I'll be able to help translate one of these Sunday's! But it was incredible! I love the opportunity I have to attend church each week and partake of the sacrament! I also got to play the piano in Relief society, so I need to brush up on some of my hymns! Haha but it was awesome! We had shift at the VC right after church and then we had 3 set appointments and they were AMAZING! Our first appointment was with a family in the ward, a mom and her 3 daughters, and we practiced teaching the first lesson with them! The spirit was so strong! We committed them to reading the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes everyday and to pray to receive a witness from the Holy Ghost that it is true. That promise is something we should all exercise often and either receive an answer for the first time or the hundredth time that it is true, but I know that if we study ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon that we can all gain a witness of its truth! Then we had an appointment with a New investigator, David, and it was so awesome! He is very open to the gospel, and he asks great questions and really helps us understand what he understands and what he doesn't! We invited him to pray and read about the Book of Mormon and he told us that he had done it before and didn't really get an answer, but is willing to try again! We promised him that God reveals things to us in his own way and his own time and I got to share with him that I sincerely and intently prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true for 2 and a half years until I received my answer, but I know that it was in the timing of the Lord and as I put forth my faith and continued on, God answered my prayers! So we are really excited for him! Then we went to some less active members and read 2 Nephi 31 and then discussed different ways we can study the scriptures and it was so good! Then we headed back to the VC for our nightly prayer and then we all headed home.

Monday-- FULL OF MIRACLES. So at the visitor center, we have different presentations, and I have just been shadowing Hermana Baggett during them since Thursday, but yesterday out of whatever the circumstances were I was the only Sister upstairs ready to take a group, and Two gentlemen came in and they were from Mesa! How cool is that!? So as I was talking with them Hermana Lamb came with me and they said they wanted to look at the photo display downstairs of Joseph Smiths life. So they did that and before they left one of the Gentlemen began to tell me that he knew some Hunts from Snowflake and I said my family was from up there and he started to tell me that he was brought into the church when Georgia and Ralph Hunt invited him to Go to Boy Scouts with Lauren when he was about 10. I was overwhelmed by the spirit as he told me this because they are my great grandparents! He began to thank me for the blessing that they had been and told me about all of the people who had been blessed with the Gospel because of them. There are truly no such things as coincidences! I am so grateful for the missionary example they were and are for me and to be able to see those blessings from sharing the gospel was incredible. His name was Ellis Lindsay and he was just passing through on his way to Indianapolis where he was moving for work. It was truly amazing! Then later that night I got to take a group through a presentation all by myself. It was a couple, the Blackburns, who were just passing through on their way home from dropping off their granddaughter in NC and it was so awesome! It truly was guided by the spirit and it was amazing! I am so grateful to be able to serve in the Visitor Center!

So this week has been crazy and busy, but I didn't forget to pray about what to share with you all this week! 

2.0
As I have had a week full of all kinds of adventures and experiences, I have truly seen Gods hand in my life. I know he has a specific plan for me and for each of you. He knows us perfectly. And part of that plan is the people we come across in our life. Leaving Iola and being here I look back on those six weeks and how much I learned from all of the wonderful people I got to interact with! I learned so much from all of them, and even in these short 5 days here in independence I have seen people come into my life to bless me, teach me, and help me grow! I know that this transfer is going to be one full of miracles and amazing experiences! God knows who we need, what need and where we are needed. I can't wait to learn from all of those I will have the privilege of getting to know and serve!

I am so blessed for the opportunity I have to be a missionary! I know there is so much joy to be found in living the gospel even on the hardest days! Keep pressing forward! I pray for you all everyday and hope you can feel the prayers I send your way just as I can feel yours! Hope you all have a week full of miracles!

¡Abrazos y Oraciones!
Hermana Hunt


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog. I am Hermana Baggett's Mom. I am so happy they are together!
    Tamara Baggett

    ReplyDelete