Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 6: God Watches Over Us

¡Familia y Amigos!
Thank you for the package as well! Made my day 😊


Well this week has been quite the week.... I don't even know where to begin! But bullet points seem to help me remember what happened so here we go!


-Tuesday we went to the chiropractor for Sister Bressler. Turns out her C6 and C7 were out of alignment on one side of her neck, and her C1 on the other side and after he put them all where they were supposed to be he was like 'This doesn't happen very often but I'm gonna check...*starts doing stuff to her head*  is that tender?' She says yes and he goes 'Your suture in your Skull is out of place' (Sidenote: Carrie Blackburn: thanks for being the coolest anatomy teacher on the planet and teaching me how to speak body parts and illnesses, never been so useful in my life than it has been this week! You're amazing!) So he like took this little tool and popped it back into place. Sister Bressler said it felt like she got shot in the head, she's been such a trooper!


-Wednesday we went to District meeting and hand to relocate because they were deep cleaning the carpets at the church, so we went to a members house and had it there. We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and it's the closest I have gotten to the real deal and I'll take what I can get out here haha! So we drove home and we were did our studies and we ate dinner and we had an appointment 6 that we were super excited for and as we were driving out to this house, Sister Bressler told me she felt like she was dying. I am so grateful for the gift of the Spirit because she was in a lot of pain she couldn't even tell me what exactly was going on. So we went to a members house to get some help. She got a blessing and we ended up in the emergency room the rest of the night and finally got home around 11:45ish with nothing but Aleve and orders to take it easy and promise that we would try to find a doctor to go to see how  we could get it all figured out.


-Thursday we went to a funeral for a girl in our ward who passed away suddenly. Her mom asked Sister Bressler and I if we would say the prayers at the service. It was a beautiful service and reminded me how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation. After the funeral we had a follow up at the Chiropractor and he checked everything out just to make sure it was all good. We then had dinner at The Hannons house, they are recent converts and so into missionary work. They are getting sealed at the beginning of December and we are super excited for them! After their house, Sister Bressler was feeling pretty wiped and so we went home for the night. The mission nurse called us after we got home to tell us that by miracle, Sister Bressler had an appointment at a Neurology Institute, that takes 2-3 months to get into, this coming Wednesday. God truly works miracles everyday. 


-Friday we had a Youth Lesson in the morning with Karlee (our bishop has us teach the lessons to the Youth in the ward so they can get a better understanding of the gospel) so we did most of our studies and met her at the church and we talked about the Plan of Salvation and it went really well! We finished our studies, ate lunch and went back to the apartment so that Sister Bressler could re cooperate before our dinner appointment. 


-Saturday, we went to our Bishops house to do a correlation meeting and we ended up doing some service at their house. They have been redoing their kitchen and just got it done and are now in the process of tearing down the old one, remodeling is worth it but it is hard work! We helped make lunch and then we went to the church to do language study (our language app needs wifi to work) and Sister Bressler pushed her self too hard and she went into mini shock. She got a blessing and we called the mission nurse who told us to just wait it out until her appointment Wednesday. 


-Sunday We had about 5 less actives we have been working with come to church for the first time in a while and it was so rewarding! Even though this week has been pretty slow going, God still sends us miracles! The stake president was visiting the ward, and Sister Bressler and I got asked to be the choristers in Primary. I love primary! It was so fun to get to sing with them and listen to them bare their testimonies. After church we did our studies and Sister Bressler took a nap before we headed over to the Hannons who invited all their neighbors to dinner. We had an awesome time getting to know their neighbors and are planning on doing it again next month! 


As usual, I have really prayed to know what I should share with you all is week and I hope it touches your hearts


2.0
Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. Sometimes we get so caught up in how we want things to work out, that we are blinded to what He is doing for us. We don't see the full picture, but He does, and we have to put complete trust in him and what his will is. I have truly been humbled beyond measure this week as I have had to be truly patient and understanding. I know that even with the limitations we have, Heavenly Father has shown us countless ways that he knows, and he cares. My awesome Mom sent me a talk to read last week and it was a literal answer to prayers. This specific excerpt has been one of my favorite quotes for a while now and I hope it can be as much of a strength to you all as it has been to me "You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, “No one understands. No one knows.” No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did. And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life. He can reach out, touch, succor--literally run to us--and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do through relying upon only our own power."
I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I know the Saviors atonement was part of that plan and as Elder Bednar's quote says, Christ knows. I know his atonement is real it has the power to change each of us to become the best versions of ourselves. His atonement strengthens us just when we think we can't go any further. I know he loves me. I know he loves each of you and he knows you. Heavenly Father and the Savior are perfectly aware of you. So as life happens, when the hard days come, when you feel like it's you against the world, remember who is on your side.


I love all of you so much! I feel your prayers and support everyday. I am truly blessed with the best people in my life! I hope you all strive to become closer to Jesus Christ everyday and build your faith in him! 


¡Abrazos y Oraciones!


Hermana Hunt

ER Visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment