Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Week 1: MTC

Family and friends!!

Oh my goodness! it was so good to hear from you guys!! Honestly I have loved EVERY minute of everyday here at the MTC! I know I've only been here since Wednesday, but it feels like weeks haha!  We have 16 hour days everyday and they are always soooooo good! My Companion's name is Sister Jorgensen, she is from West Jordan, UT and basically my favorite person! She's a lot quieter than me, but I'm pretty good and getting people to talk... ;) haha! Anyway we get along super well and are teaching four investigators ( Chris, Fabiola, Matt and Carole) and everything is going so good!! Heavenly Father truly puts the people we need in our life when we need them!!

Speaking of inspired people in our lives, my District: I don't think I have ever been closer to a group of people in my whole life! Hard to believe we have only known each other since Wednesday! We have had some of the coolest, most humbling experiences together! We go pretty much everywhere together and are about as close to a family as you can get haha! We have a 12 person district 6 elders and 6 sisters! How cool is that!? The Lord truly is hastening the work! For example: last week, before the missionaries arrived on Wednesday, there were only 723 missionaries here and now there are 1347!! It is such a great time to be a missionary!!  I have some pictures of my companion and district, but don't have the usb adapter to put them on, so next week for sure :) 

To sum it all up, I am loving everything about being here! I learn so much everyday from everything we do! Everything has a purpose and it is so awesome!! They tell you here in the MTC the first convert you MUST have on your mission is yourself, and let me tell ya that is SO true! Last night we have a Devotional on Prayer. I think I've prayed more here at the MTC than I have in my whole life leading up to it! and that's a whole lot of prayers! The power of prayer is so essential to everything. You will never know about anything you don't ask about! The same principle applies to the gospel, you must ask God first! You receive no witness until after the trial of your faith :) Right after the devotional, they showed a devotional given by David A. Bednar a few years ago at the MTC called Character of Christ. WOAH. If you feel like you don't need to improve, look it up and read/watch it and i an promise you, we all have work to do! It reminded me a whole lot about my mission plaque scripture (2 Nephi 31:19-20 a little homework for you all :) ) and how that reminds me everyday, in everything I can always be better! 

The MTC has truly humbled me beyond imagination! The Lord has put so much trust in all of us missionaries!  but the humility i have gained and felt, comes with and increased desire to take advantage of EVERY moment I am here. The Spirit is the next most essential thing to prayer in Missionary work. We can prepare and work and teach and do all these things, but without the spirit, we wouldn't accomplish anything! This work is the Lords work and we are on the Lord's time, and it is precious!  There is truly no place like the MTC :) 

2.0 
So i know I have shared a lot of my testimony and how my experiences have gone this week, but I want to talk about the Priesthood for a quick minute. On Saturday everything was going so good! My companion and I had a great workout, awesome studies, an amazing planning session and we even got to teach a member lesson to a Girl named Mayzie as well as teach Fabiloa, one of our investigators. Well after our Lesson, we had 2 hours left of class that night and we were doing an evaluation of our lesson with Fabiola and My companion wasn't really saying very much and i felt like something was wrong, and one of our Teachers, Sister Gweyn, came over asked if everything was ok and my companion just started to cry, which made me cry because I had no idea what had happened, so we went out of class and walked around for a few minutes and we talked about what was going on and went back to class. So after class was over it was about 8:30 and our whole district was in class talking about the day and the Zone leaders, Elder Roll and Elder Downs, are in our district, and she asked them if they could give her a blessing. As they began the blessing tears fell down my cheeks as i knew, without a shadow of a doubt, God was speaking to Sister Jorgensen through those two young Elders. The spirit was SO strong and as we kneeled down and said district prayer before going home for the night, all of our testimonies were strengthened. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church, restored once again to the earth, by the prophet Joseph 
Smith. The Book of Mormon is true. The time I spend in the scriptures everyday just strengthens that testimony. There is no place I would rather be right now than on my mission.

I love you all and pray for each of you everyday! I hope you are all actively seeking to increase your faith in Jesus Christ everyday! I love to hear from all of you so keep the emails coming :) 

Much Love,

Sister Hunt <3

No comments:

Post a Comment