Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 2: MTC & Missouri



Holy Cow is it already P-day?! I cannot even begin to describe how time works out here on the mission! Well, our district got split up last night :/ Three of the Sisters left to North Carolina, Charlotte mission early this morning and I already miss them! We are already planning a district reunion when all the Elders get home in 2 years!  but................ I'M GOING TO MISSOURI WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?! It is honestly the most exciting/craziest feeling to know I'm headed out! So I'm probably going to be calling around 5 am Utah time so I think that's 4 am at home.... haha so be ready!!! But I am truly sad my MTC experience is almost over!! The Quorum of the Twelve  are coming Wednesday to Train all the new mission presidents, and since they are going to be here rumor has it that one of them is giving our devotional Tuesday night, how cool is that?! Anyway it honestly has been truly amazing!

One of our investigators, Carol, is going to be baptized! We have been teaching her over Skype (technology is pretty awesome!) and is has been one of the coolest experiences EVER! Sister Jorgensen and I are already planning a trip to meet her in person when we come home! She is truly amazing!! I am for sure, so sad we can't be there for her baptism, but she is going to bless so many lives! 

Here at the MTC my companion and I have taught around 23 lessons in the 12 days we have been here! I have learned SO much here and I know I still have so much to learn but I know it will all be Okay!  God doesn't ask us to do anything without providing a way for us to accomplish the task! He is truly in every tiny detail of each of our lives! I am so blessed to be a missionary!

I'm so glad you all got the picture Preston sent! It was so good to see a familiar face! Also HUGE thank you to the Beecher's for sending cookies! My district and I are extremely grateful :) Tender mercies are real and they are the best!

2.0
So last Monday, one of the Elder's from our district had to go home for some health reasons, and we had class that night from 5-8. We were all truly trying our hardest to just throw ourselves into our lesson plans, but it was a pretty hard hit. At around 7 one of our teachers, Brother Combs, came over and was talking with our companionship and the spirit prompted me to ask if we as a district could bare our testimonies of the Savior. I have never before in my entire life felt the spirit so strongly. As we all went around the room bore testimony that our Savior lives, and the reality of his Atonement I was overwhelmed by the love God has for each of us. I know the Atonement is real. It is not exclusive, it is for every single person who has ever been on this Earth. Christ is always there, but it is up to us to grab that out stretched hand. I Know that Jesus Christ lives! He loves you, He knows you, He wants to comfort you, and He will wait for you, all you have to do is ask for his help.

Well I am almost out of time, but I hope you all have a Great week and continue to strengthen your faith is Jesus Christ. Conversion is a life long process you know ;)  Keep sending emails and WRITE ME SOME LETTERS!!

Much Love,

Sister Hunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment